Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Simple Things...like pea soup

I'm about to go off to an Administrative lunch with my work pretty soon, but I wanted to knock this blog out before my creative juices start melting into the pot of forgetfulness.

I really enjoy simple things. I enjoy watching a movie (every) night with Brian. I enjoy making dinner or baking with Christmas music in the background. I enjoy going to the movies. I enjoy road trips with Brian (when he lets me sleep a little). I enjoy cake, cookies, ice cream, and more cake...oh wait...that was the Gerdy, the fat kid inside me coming out. Hee hee.

This weekend was filled with enjoyable favorites. Friday night was one of my really good friend's wedding. I was a Bridesmaid! (Yay!!) It was such an honor to be apart of this wedding and to be apart of Leslie's life. I love this girl! Her love for Jesus is so obvious in the way she constantly cares for others. Anywho, (we'll get to Friday pictures in a bit). SATURDAY, Brian and I sleeeeeeeeeeept in. Phew! I haven't been able to sleep in on a Saturday in forever! I'm also a go-getter so I like to constantly be moving and doing something. If I have a free minute, I try to think of something else that I should be doing (laundry, dishes, grocery shopping, maybe organizing our hall closet or linen closet). But on Saturday, I just took it all in and relaxed. It was ahhhh-mazing! I enjoyed the simple things on Saturday, like my comfy JCrew pj's, the bread and honey I ate for breakfast, and then going out to go Christmas shopping with Brian. It was GREAT!

The pictures in this post are just a few I took this weekend. They all have something I admire in them.


I love Leslie's eyelashes in this one. I wanted to focus right on her eyelashes so they stood out in the picture.



I love the sheer elegance in both of these pictures.




I love many things about this picture.
I love the way she is looking in the camera.
I love her veil that covers half of her face.
And I love the chandelier in the background.



I love this picture so much I edited it twice.
I loved it in color.
I love how her red lipstick stands out.

I love how her slip is coming out from under her dress.
And the red coat she is holding to contrast.
and the colors in the room that make your focus go right on Leslie.

As I mentioned, I was a bridesmaid in this wedding and it was killing me not to take my camera out and shoot everything. My friend Paul was the photographer and he did an excellent job.

This was my Saturday night favorite!
I love the bowls we got from Crate and Barrel for a good price! (they are our new Christmas bowls)
And I love the pea soup Brian made which was so healthy and yummy. I love pea soup!
and I love the left over bread.

I love the composition of this picture.
I could've taken it straight on from up above which would have only shown you a round green circle.
BUT, I wanted to showcase what was going on in this picture.
So I got down on it's level to show you...
my bowl,
the soup,
the bread,
the Christmas tree in the background,
and the nice Bokeh I got from the lights on the tree.
This is a good composed picture, even though it's just of pea soup.
It's the simple things that my life better...though Monday morning comes and work starts all over again, it's little things that can make a day so much better...like pea soup. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment