Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Married: Alexis & Coyle

Do you ever sit behind a dating couple in church and wonder when they are going to get engaged? No? Well I do...but maybe that's because I'm too nosey and want to know everyone's dating life. It's exciting to see people whom I know, but not really know, start to date each other. I remember back in the winter, Brian and I showed up late to church (which seems to be a pretty usual thing for us...) and we sat in the far left corner of the church slightly behind the piano. We sat behind this boy named Coyle. There was this girl named Alexis who sings in the church ensemble in the mornings and when they were finished this girl came to sit next to this boy. The next thing I knew, this boy threw his arm around this girl and her head was leaning on his arm. YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Awesome people getting together to become a couple. love. love. love. I had no idea how long they were dating, but still wondered to myself when they would get married.

Well, I am here to say that on Saturday, May 7, I got to witness this boy and this girl who were sitting next to each other in church that one Sunday get married. What! What!! My good friend, Leslie was the main photographer for this wedding and she asked me to be her assistant. Umm..yes please! I love being a second shooter. You're not as stressed out and can have more flexability and creativity with different angles as the first shooter does their thing. It was fun!!

Saturday morning, I arrived at Leslie's house (despite my massively horrible tooth ache from my root canal 10 days ago) That's. another story. UGH! After some coffee, Leslie and I headed to CHBC to get the getting ready shots. We arrived in the Blue Room...yes, the room is actually blue...like really really very blue...hence the name, the Blue Room. Alexis was bright and ready to take on the day! She was so full of laughter. She enjoyed every minute of her day, as all brides should. She was lovely and charming and there was nothing that seemed to bother her. Such a great bride! The rest of the day was just like that. It was all so easy-going. There was really no rush for anything (except when Leslie and I got lost on the way to the reception..we blame the GPS!) Alexis and Coyle, I hope you guys are enjoying your honeymoon right now! Thanks for letting me tag along with Leslie. And seriously, you two were stinking adorable to photograph!




Ohhhhhhh her DRESS!! I feel like the theme of the wedding was from the 1950's. I just loved her dress!!


oh man, I loved her flowers! They were so simple and the color just made everything pop!



Adorable bride.





Leslie gettin it done.




Seconds before the walk down the aisle. I loved these few minutes the bride has to just get her thoughts together, pray, worship, talk with dad...such sweet times.





After all the vowing, praying, ring-exchanging, and kissing they were pronounced hubby and wifey!


(i know this picture is blurry, but I still think it's kinda cool)

I love this room. I love that at the beginning, the bride has sweet times with her dad who has been the one to care and protect and love her all her life. Then at the end the bride has sweet times with her new husband who will be the one to care and protect and lover her all her life.


and love her well, he will.



and make her smile and laugh, he will.

After the family pictures were over, we all head to the Library of Congress.




And I just loved the lighting in this hallway. it was perfect. and they made that hallway
sparkle even more.


and then we got the whole bridal party in there.





Alexis, STOP BEING SO DANG GORGEOUS!!


oh her flowers. Did I mention I loved her flowers?

I purposefully saved the best for last...HER SHOES!!!!!!! Leslie and I gushed and gushed over her shoes. Gah!! Love love love love love looooooovvveeeee.... I lust over shoes.

Ok, that was the LAST...I had to leave you with a few more pictures of this boy and girl who got married and couldn't stop smiling or keep their hands off each other. They were too sweet. :)






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Love the photos in the grass :) What a happy couple!

    ReplyDelete