Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

No Subject...because I can't think of one...








So I've been kinda busy lately...like really busy. I looked over the past weekend that I had and literally from the moment I got off work on Friday I did not stop going all weekend...but crazy enough, I loved it! I love busy times...but don't get me wrong, I also love slooooow relaxing times. That is something that Brian swears he will teach me when we are married. (note: not change me, but teach me, show me how to relax) :) I don't mind. I need to sometimes, but then there are just things that need to be done and won't feel better until they are finished. Do you feel me? Can a girl get an "Aaaaaaaamen!" Holler at your girl!
Ok, anyway, this weekend was SUPER fun to say the least. I just love love love the 4th of Jul
y. It's seriously my favorite holiday. It's great!! But that's not what this pos
t is about.
It's not about my weekend which was super, it's about my small amount of time spent with the Lord tonight. Though, my weekend was packed and I LOVED it, my soul felt so much more refreshed in these past moments just sitting here on my bed.

Oh, but before I go on, the picture above was taken by yours truly from Josh and Rebekah Coover's wedding a few Saturday's ago where I got to second shoot with another fabulous photog from my church. These guys were so mad for each other. It was so nice and easy going to shoot their wedding. Rebecca was just as chill and calm as ever and she ju
st enjoyed her day and the people around her and her new hubby. :) So please enjoy the pictures throughout this post.

Tonight, I read over Hebrews 10. Michael Lawerence, one of our pastor's, will be preaching on it this Sunday. The series we are going through is "If this were the last sermon I'd ever preach..." and then every Sunday a new pastor or staff pastor or pastor to be h
as preached on what would be the last sermon they were to ever preach. Michael Lawerence, sad to say, will be leaving our church to become a senior pastor at a church waaaaaaay out in Oregon. SO happy for this church who will be blessed by such a wonderful pastor, but sad for our church family. Also, this Sunday is the FIRST time we will all worship together in ONE room. We have been undergoing some major construction these past few months and have had to split up the congregation through out the basement and the upstairs. It's been hard and
weird, but good because new found relationships have sprung! But we are all excited to be together again
in one room. And this is Michael's last sunday with us. I'm sad because I won't be here this weekend for our first Sunday all together AND to hear
Michael's last sermon to us as HIS church. BUT, I'm not too too sad because I'll be in Vermont shooting Brian's sister's wedding!!! (whom I have yet to meet) So excited to be shooting the wedding and meeting his sister for the first time and to be with the rest of his family, but will definitely be thinking of my church family and the good time they will all have together.
Wow, so that was a long intro...sorry about that.
Let's get a picture in here for a break.



Anyway, there was just one little verse in this passage that stuck out to me...ok, not just ONE, but I just loved this one.

Hebrews 10:14
For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

It's so little, but if you read it and read it again, you'll see that there's SO much in this.

Let's unpack this, shall we?

1. For by a SINGLE OFFERING = Christ!
2. he has = he already took care of it. Boom. done.
3. Perfected = made right, righteous, holy, blameless, complete, wearing white robs, no sin,....wow.
4. for all time = all time. Boom. never ends. can't loose it.
through eternity.
5. those who are being sanctified = the church, Christians,
those whom he has called, you, me,
But wait...doesn't the verse already say that we are perfected for all time already? Yes, but we are still being sanctified. We have YET to be perfect. We have YET to attain completion. We still sin, BUT because of the blood of Christ, the ONE sacrifice, that was made for our sins, we have been declared right, holy, blameless...we just have to wait to be perfect.

Well, I'm off to bed...SUPER tired, and I have a busy week/weekend ahead.
For now, for your viewing pleasure...and well, mostly mine, please enjoy the last picture of my hottie Mchotter-than-the-sun fiancee.


love.
jenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment