Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Baking Nook


This is my baking nook. I love it.
This is where recipes come alive...ALIVE!!
Our kitchen isn't very big and doesn't have a lot of counter space. So when we were looking for furniture, I found this little stand on craigslist and it was perfect!!



We had a very busy Saturday. We rushed out the door (because of course we woke up late) to church for a marriage seminar. From there we met our small group for the first time and from there, we headed over to a gym so Brian could kick butt in Basketball.
From there, we headed to Ikea...mmmm...So I'm not a BIG fan of their furniture since I don't think it will last very long. BUT I do love their textiles and picture frames that are really cheap.
So I got some new frames for something I'm working on in our bathroom, a new shower curtain, and some pillows cover for our couch. AND...this wall hanging rod thing (pictured above.) I LOVE IT!! It saves so much space on my counter tops and the attachments for my sexy Kitchen Aid (it's red. Red = sexy) aren't falling from the top of the fridge to the floor and whenever I need my mearsuring spoons and cups, they are in an arm's reach. My mom gave me the roller. It was my grandma's. It's vintage. I love vintage. zzzzzzzzzz...(oops, left my pinky on the "z" button thinking it was the shift. I was gonna take it out, but I think it's kinda funny. Plus, when you read it, your mind will go from words to zzzzzzzzzzzz. haha)
Brian was kind enough to hang it up for me.

So, later that evening after church, I wanted to spend some quality time with my sexy Kitchen Aid. Plus, Brian was watching football. So I decided to make Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. My mom got Brian America's Taste Test Kitchen recipe book. I flipped through it to find out how they made these cookies and decided to do it that way.
I turned my iPod on to Meredith Andrews. (fellow Liberty University graduate)
And I began to bake.

I realized I didn't have enough white flour for a cup and a half so I used about 3/4 of whole wheat flour. Then I realized I only had steel cut oats instead of rolled oats. So I found this "Hot Cereal" from trader joes that looked like rolled oats. The batter tasted pretty good (come on, ya'll know you lick the spoon, laddle, and bowl.)
Brian and I rolled the dough and plopped them on the cookie sheets. When I took them out they didn't form how I wanted them to. They were flat and ran into each other. How rude.
BUT they still tasted good and that's really what matters, right? Right. I'm glad we agree.
(My sexy Kitchen Aid)
Dear Sexy Little Kitcken Aid, I love all the delicousness to give to me.
Love, the chubby little girl inside.
Jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment