Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

It's a puzzle, but it makes sense.

Isaiah 41: 17-20
When the poor and needy seek water,
and there is none,
and their tongue is parched with thirst,
I the Lord will answer them;
I the God of Israel will not forsake them.
I will open rivers on the bare heights,
and fountains in the midst of the valleys.
I will make the wilderness a pool of water,
and the dry land springs of water.
I will put in the wilderness the cedar,
the acacia, the myrtle, and the olive.
I will set in the desert the cypress,
the plane and the pine together,
that they may see and know,
may consider and understand together,
that the hand of the Lord has done this,
the Holy One of Israel has created it.



Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire (FIYAH!) it's been too long since I made a blog post. Sorry fans! (All two of you!) But it's been a slow month, photography wise. Last Sunday, I handed off a wedding album to some clients and that was the last of my work load. I'm done. I've got nothing. I do have to say, the album I handed to them was SUPER nice! I loved designing it for them. It was like putting together a story. I've realized a few things about myself lately...one: I thrive off being under pressure. For instance, when I was studying at Liberty and my 10 page paper was due in two days, I thrived! I locked myself in my room or in a coffee shop for hours and knocked out an "A" paper. (Seriously, I got A's on my papers...YAY!) Or when I used to be a waitress and the rush time hit, I thrived. I loved taking care of 3-4 tables at a time. It was fun! My mind was constantly thinking and going and it kept me sharp. And two: I thrive off being creative. I love it!! If I had unlimited resources (i.e. money) I would spend the entire day getting creative, finding cute fabric, or frames, anything to make my house more decorative...or I would spend the day using someone to be my model and take pictures of them. I still have this ONE vision in my head that I really really really need to take a picture of. It will win an award. It's THAT good. :)
Anyway, I loved making that album for Nick and Wensa. I loved giving it to them. I loved watching Wensa's face as she flipped through the pages. I love having a finished product where I worked with my hands and my head. It's a satisfaction I hope to capture more of in the future.
SoooOOooOOoo, if you know of anyone getting married in the summer time, or spring, or tomorrow, send them my info! (please)





Ahem, ANYway, these pictures are simply of the past month for Brian and I. The Needhams (pictured above) had made their way to Richmond for a wedding and on their way back, they decided to stop in the favorite city (their word, not mine) for a detour. Brian and I accidentally woke up late that Sunday (alarm didn't go off) so Bethany callled me and we met them at the Natural History Museum. I'm so glad we got to see these sweet friends and their adorable kids. Bethany was one of my bridesmaids and Andy played music in our wedding. They hail from Massachusetts so we only get to see each other few times a year. Boston spring trip!! Yes, please! I also appreciated having their son Josiah around to show Brian whose the best baseball team EVER!! (RED SOOOOOX!) The first thing Josiah said to Brian was something about how awesome the Red Sox are...totally blowing off the Yankees. :) Loved it. Sorry, Hun!




This past weekend, we had Brian's family come to town. It was super nice. His sister Jess and her boyfriend Anand came Friday night. Saturday morning we all woke up late. The boys wanted to hit the courts to play some Rock, as Anand calls it. Basketball for the rest of us white folk. Unfortunately, none of the gyms were open. Soooo, in my pursuit to get a dog, I suggested we visit the pound near our house. And we did. And I fell in love. :) And I realized that we can't get a dog right now. :(

This is Carrot. I wanted her. She was SO hyper though and a pitbull which required two hours of exercise a day. YIKES! But I sooooo wanted to take her home. Ugh! Puppy!!


Later that day, Brian's 'rentals came in. Yay! We opened our Christmas gifts to each other.
I got a bread maker!! Woot! Excited to try my hand at making bread. Yes!
And some way awesome gray converse shoes! Score!!
After a while, we decided to take everyone to one of my favorite places in Alexandria, Buzz. It's a coffee/cupcake/cocktails shop. I LOVE this place. When I was studying with Liberty, I spent most of my days here sometimes until they closed at midnight.


Hee hee...creepy, Jess.





I swear, they are brotha's from another motha.

And I got creative with the coffee sleeve.



Sunday after church, we went downtown to some museum's. I love this spot for pictures, so we stopped. :) If you'll notice my hubby in the middle acting like Superman and that he is protecting everyone behind him. I married a comicbook.

]

And our way to Potbelly's we stopped in the middle of the street to take couple's pictures in front of the Capitol.
This is Dan and Pam.


Anand and Jess.

They get two pictures. :)
And the hubby and I. (Photo credit: Jessica Bosak)

Whilst in the Natural History Museum, I took the opportunity to play with the slow shutter speed. Do you see all the ghosts?

And this is what Brian does during church. :) I don't mind.
So I know this post is really...well...nothing that compliments each other. At the beginning I gave you a verse. Then I talked about my friends the Needham's. Then I talked about creativity and my ability to thrive on deadlines and adrenaline. Then I talked about our weekend last week.
It's a big puzzle, but it makes sense because it's my life. :)


1 comment:

  1. There are more than two fans!

    Keep up the blogging, when you have the time. I take delight in reading your updates...

    ReplyDelete