Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fail: Twice Baked

Oh man...ohhhhh man...OOOOOHHHH man!!! Can you see it? Look around!! My blog is completely redesigned and I freaking LOVE it!!! It's been redesigned to fit my Jenny Anne Photography bidness. I hope this will be a place where guest and (hopefully) future clients will come to find their pictures, read their stories, and smile just like they did on their wedding day all over again. Just. like. this... :D heeeee!

Ok, anyway, on to my post.

Some of you may not know, Brian and I have been praying about changing churches. I'm really sad about leaving CHBC as it has been my home for the past 4 years. I will miss seeing my friends week in and week out. I will miss a lot of what CHBC was to me. BUT, I'm excited about this new chapter with my hubby. I'm excited to see where Brian and I can serve. I'm excited to see a new church being planted and the members in that church live out their faithfulness and be encouraged in each other's grace in the lives of the believers. So, all that said, we are switching churches to Redeemer Arlington, a Sovereign Grace church plant in Arlington.

It's been my heart's desire to be in a church plant for a while. A couple was moving to Rhode Island to start a church 4 years ago and I seriously considered going with them. But, the Lord had me stay here for a while. Then last year, I visited my BFF Bethany in Boston and went to church with her and her hubby at a church plant there. I remember sitting there thinking, someday I'd like to be in a church plant with my hubby. Now, here we are...we have the opportunity and are excited about it.

So tonight, we went to a dinner group for the first time. I opted to bring dessert for the dinner. As you may (or may not) know, I LOVE to bake. It's the fat little girl inside me, folks. Yes, I have a fat girl inside me. I even named her. Ask me someday and I'll let you meet her. She like's cake...and cookies...and ice cream...ok, she likes it all.
ANYWAY, last night I decided to bake a French Apple Pie. The recipe didn't call for a pie crust, but I decided to put one on the bottom anyway. Well, as it turns out, I think it made the pie really dry. The pie didn't turn out (or at least) didn't look the way I wanted it to. So I decided to keep that here at home for us and make some cookies on Thursday after work just before we head out to the dinner. Now, I've made this recipe oh i don't know...a BAJILLION times! This time when I made it, for some reason, they weren't as fluffy as the last 99million times. They came out kinda flat and the icing was really really thick. It was so odd. I don't know what happened. Thus concluding to a Fail: Twice Baked.

1 comment:

  1. I want to hear more about the church plant opportunity!!!! I hope it's in New England!!! Love the new blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete