Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Oil in Water

Welp, I know it's been...umm... 2 1/2 months since I last posted. Yikes!! I've been kind of busy...ok, REALLY busy. The Lord blessed me this summer in a number of ways. I was able to photograph 6 (SIX!!) weddings this summer!! I loved doing every one of them! I still can't believe those wonderful brides chose me to be their photographer. Amidst all of those weddings I was shooting, I, myself, was planning MY OWN wedding! Yep, that's right, I GOT MARRIED! On September 4, I committed myself to love, honor, and obey Brian Andrew Bosak. :) I can't tell you how surreal it is. We keep talking about how a year ago, we did not know each other. And now...and now...we are MARRIED!! And I gotta say, I'm falling more and more in love with this wonderful man everyday. I mean, really, I have THE BEST hubby ever!! I'm incredibly blessed to be married to a man who loves me and desires to carefully lead me. He is so supportive and very wise. He is patient when I am sinful and loving to correct me. I'm amazed at how good God is to carefully choose this man for me to spend the rest of my life with and glorify God together.
But anyway...

Marriage rocks! Seriously, folks. It's SO much fun! Even in the hard times...and the hard times, they do come. But it's so fun to be with your best friend all the time. Even Brian, as a guy, says marriage rocks. So, single guys out there, get a move on and ask a girl out. She could be your wife. Don't wait any more. Get going. ;)

I'm learning a lot in marriage. I'm learning a lot about my own sinfulness. There's sin there that I never thought I would have! Sometimes, it's surprising. I'm also learning to love someone else carefully. I'm learning what my own love language is and what his is and loving him the best way possible. I've realized the way I love is by acts of service. I enjoy doing things for Brian. I take pleasure and joy in cooking for him, making sure the house is clean and nice and welcoming, folding laundry (I hate folding laundry). I am learning to give myself up to love him better. Though, I fail at this more times that not, but I'm learning.

One thing I've realized is that I do things the way my mom taught me. I remember how she would bake in the evenings and I would help. My favorite thing to help with was making apple pies. I had this tiny 5 inch in diameter tin pie plate from our "play house" kitchen set Mandy and I would play with. I would use that to make my own personal apple pie. I remember how my mom would roll out the dough and knead it. I remember how she would fold the towels and sheets (though fitted sheets are still a pain). Now that I'm doing all of those things for my husband, I find my mind going back to how my mom taught me to do all of these things. Even tonight, for dinner we had spaghetti. The sauce was my mom's recipe I made in the crock pot. And every time I make pasta, I remember how my mom would put in a drop of oil so the pasta wouldn't stick together. Now, I know this is not unique knowledge, but seriously folks, I wouldn't have thought of it myself. I never thought this would actually happen, but I really really enjoy cooking and baking. And I just remember how my mom would bake a lot. She would make zucchini bread sometimes, which I thought was just weird. I mean, zucchini...and bread...it just doesn't mix (HA! Get it? mix. bread. get it? get it?)
Anyway, even though it may not have seemed like it at the time, I did pay attention and remember a lot of what was taught...even when it comes to the small things like putting oil in the water.

Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment