Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Favorite Game EVER!

Friday nights with friends and my hubby. Good times. Last Friday, we were invited about by some friends for a night of dinner at P.F. Changs and games. I love all three...friends, Chinese food, and games! Yep, LOVE LOVE LOVE games!! Friday was also the day before my two crazy Saturday's (and Sunday's) began. Last Saturday, I had two shoots. One with Holly and Todd, whose wedding I shot this summer, and the other with a new couple I booked for their wedding next October! My day started meeting Todd and Holly in Winchester, VA, which is an hour and a half away from Arlington. I got a little bit lost getting there, but thoroughly enjoyed the scenic view. If I wasn't in a hurry, I would've stopped to take pictures of the amber colored mountains in the foreground. Just gorgeous! (Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Fall?) The little town of Winchester is simply adorable! We found some cute places to shoot in. I'll be posting those shots soon. After Todd and Holly, I drove out to Great Falls to meet Christa and Blaise for the first time. I have never been to Great Falls, but it's gorgeous as well. And Christa and Blaise made the Falls even more beautiful. So I spent my Saturday driving, shooting, driving some more...and more, and shooting, and then finally driving home to Brian and crash landing on the couch. I was exhausted. Brian was so good to me and made me dinner (one of our favorites, Almond Flour Banana Pancakes) YUM! It was a great day hanging out with both couples, but I just wish Brian was there to enjoy the views with me. :)

Anyway, I rented my favorite lens for these shoots, the 17-55mm 2.8. Oh. my. stiking. LANTA! I'm SO in love with this lens! I could shoot all day with it. Since I rented for the weekend, I figured I might as well take advantage of it so I brought it to dinner and games with me. I'm glad I did because I was able to capture the awesomeness of what Apples to Apples does to people.

I just LOVE the light this lens gives!

The night started at P.F. Changs in Ballston.


With some yummy-in-my-tummy Chinese food and wine.


(photo credit: Brian)



This is Brian's idea of a Friday night, a beer and the Blackberry close by. :)



As well as teaching others how to use chop sticks. I still don't get it.





My hubby being a good provider and paying for the meal. Thanks for dinner, Babe! :)
Oh, and yes, he went to sit down at the other end of the table because we was surrounded by girls who were talking about girly things. hee hee.


I was playing around with the shutterspeed to see if I could get the servers blurred out like ghosts.



And we ended up back to Caitlin's for some delicous Fall treats and my personal favorite Apples to Apples. Seriously, why do I love this game so much?? It's just awesome!


Sweet Laura.










I think this might've been Evan's turn picking the card.

Thanks, Caitlin, for having us over! So fun!





If you haven't played Apples to Apples, you just...you just have to. I don't know why, but I love it! Maybe it's because you can see everyone's sillyness come out and there's lots of laughing. It's a weird game, but it makes you laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment