Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

New York City in the Fall

I feel like I need to break out into the song "These are a few of my favorite things" from the Sound of Music while I write this blog. As I was posting the pictures, I was thinking...that's a favorite, and that is a favorite, and Oh...I LOVE that! These are pictures of pretty much my favorite things of what we did and saw in NYC this weekend.

I love going to NYC in the fall, especially when it gets closer to Christmas. The season is just about to turn to the hussle and bussle of Christmas shoppers. I love that feeling. I love walking into Macy's and feeling like I stepped inside It's A Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart and my life is suddenly in black and white and Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, and Nat King Cole are all singing Christmas tunes in the background. The men are wearing classic fedora's and ties while shopping and the women are in dresses and lovely overcoats with their hair in perfect array. The children are watching the window displays of old trains going around in circles. Seriously, I should've been apart of THAT generation.

Anyway, I didn't have my camera, expect a point and shoot, with me on this trip so I opted to use my iphone and that WAY awesome hipstamatic app feature. I just love the pictures that came from it. Check 'em out.

Brian and I bought a Christmas ornament in Bryant Park. We love it. We don't have many Christmas ornaments so we are trying to build.


This was taken at Grant and Sarah's place Sunday morning whilst Brian was dropping his hot beats on Dj Hero (kinda like Guitar hero only way more funner!)
I like this picture. I like the lines and the light.


Of course, we had to make a stop at the Plaza Hotel where we got engaged.

In Trump Plaza after getting a much needed Starbucks. It's the first one I had in a week. I'm "fasting" from Starbucks.




ahhh....love.



So I know it looks confusing, but I really like it. We are in the Trump Plaza again and I am pointing the camera down while the water falls down on the lights.



One of the Catholic churches downtown. Someday, I would LOVE to be the photographer for a wedding there. BEAUTIFUL!


In line at Banana Republic. Bought me some jeans.



Apparently dogs like to shop at Banana Republic too! :)


30 Rockefellar Plaza. Probably one of my favorite spots in NYC.




People watching. People watching people. :)



Brian's new shoes!


Honestly, he really was having a good time with me!

I could show all those ice skaters what's up!


More iceskating at Bryant Park.


Mmmmm...Bryant Park. I bought a lovely scarf there.



Christmas decor at Macy's. Perfect.


Waiting for the train.

ditto. We waited together.






The end. I know the pictures are out of order, but that's ok. :)
Love NYC!!! Can't wait to go there after Thanksgiving to see the tree!!! It's on my bucketlist. :)














No comments:

Post a Comment