Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Moved to Tears: Breezy and Elliot Wedding






For the past week I've been waking up with a really bad sore throat. It has been on FIYAH!!! My ears have also been feeling a little bug in them too. Yikes! Yesterday, when I woke up it wasn't any better. Still today, not really any better, but the cough drops seem to do a temporary fix. So Brian and I decided to take a sick day on Thursday. I'm glad we did. I was feeling kinda overwhelmed with photography projects I needed to get done as well as thinking ahead of time with four more projects coming up. Yay! So I took advantage of the time and well...you can just call me Productive Pam! I knocked out a wedding and a family shoot yesterday! I'm so glad I did because Brian and I are going to NYC this weekend so I wouldn't have any time to do some work. Phew!!! I get really excited to give client's their pictures! Sometimes I wish I were there to watch them look through their photo's. Hmmm...maybe I'll take pictures of them looking at their pictures someday! That could be fun! I love giving gifs to people just watch their facial expressions. It gives me great joy to see that. When I was younger, I remember giving my BFF Bethany gifts like My Little Pony and other things just because I wanted to. (Not sure if you remember that Bethany.) But I distinctly remember trying to WRAP the pony...haha...without using a box or a bag...but just trying to literally wrap the pony around it's legs, neck, whole body. It was quite difficult, but I think I did it! Another reason why I like this bidness. I love to give my clients a good product and something that can make them smile all over again as well as feel that same joy I do when I give it to them.



The wedding I finished was one I did in Michigan in August. It was the wedding of Brianna and Elliot Eggert. First, I MUST tell you, Brianna (or Breezy) is a dear family-friend. Remember Bethany who I was just talking about? Well, Bethany and I have known each other since birth. Fur realz. I am 5 days older than her. :) Hee hee. We would often say how our mom's would visit each other in the hospitals so we could actually say we were best friends since being in the womb. haha. Breezy is Bethany's younger sister. It was fun growing up with them. I have many fond memories of playing at their house and walking across the street to watch the horses. Ha! We even named the horses. Or in the winter when we would go sledding on a near by hill. Haha...one really funny memory was when I "married" Bethany's younger brother, Ben. BAAAHAHA!! I think Breezy might have been the flower girl. Breezy, I'm so so so glad you found a great man! I loved taking your wedding pictures! Ya'll were easy to work with and SUPER fun! You were such an easy-going, gracious bride. And I don't think I've ever shot a groomsmen portraits as funny as those guys were. You're heart for the Lord is so evident. You have such a sweet sweet spirit about you. And also, I loved each of your vows to each other. So sweet and God-honoring. I know you pretty much rock as being Elliot's wife. Thank you for letting me be apart of your amazing day! And Elliot thank you for marrying Breezy! (AND!! Great idea on the luggage! So cute!)




I don't know about any of you, but pictures move me. There is something inside that either just melts my heart or move me to tears. It's amazing when a photographer can capture an emotion like that. It's something I strive to do in every shoot. Just today I was looking at New York Times Photo Journalism blog called Lens about a father who is a photographer but also a dad to a 5 year old Autistic little boy. It was a great piece! The blog talked about how the father was having a hard time not only parenting this child, but also learning how to relate to him. He didn't understand why his son was like that. So in order to get into the little boy's mind, the dad decided to look at his son through his lens. He made kind of a...documentary of this little boy. But what is so interesting about this is that the boy was excited to do it and most of the image concepts were something he thought of. It was moving. I was moved.






As I was choosing the pictures to showcase in this blog for Breezy and Elliot, I noticed a trend...it was in Elliot. He cried. I love that! The moment Brianna walked down the aisle, Elliot lost it. All those years of dating had finally come to the BIG day where they pronounce their love for each other, their committment to serve, cherish, respect, honor, and love one another. The day where they became one...husband and wife to glorify the Lord together. It was at this moment Elliot became fully aware that he was about to receive the most precious gift (besides salvation). He was getting Brianna as his wife, forever! And he was moved to tears to see his breathtaking new bride walk to him.

Well, I think the pictures below will speak for themselves.










Annnnd there it is.



Trying to hold it in...



Nope, he lost it.




Breezy, you were such a beautiful, gracious bride!

:)


Seriousy, he couldn't take his eyes off of her...just watch.

Still on her.



and still. I love that. It's how every groom should react to his bride. Can't take his eyes off of her.


Saying the vows were even harder to get through. So beautiful.












The last few are just for kicks. Not only does photography move you to tears, but it can also make you giggle. I caught the flower girl in action during the ceremony. Adorable!




hee hee :)

1 comment:

  1. Number 1. You did an AMAZING job photographing my sister's wedding. NO ONE in this entire world could have done a better job! I mean it, with all my heart! And thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    Number 2. I remember that My Little Pony! You were THE BEST bff a girl could ever wish for.

    Number 3. Loved reading the memories. Especially the horses across the street. I think some of the names were: Chomp-Chomp, Lightening (of course), Brownie, Buster...

    Number 4. Can you send me the link to Breezy's pics too? Or should I ask her?

    Number 5. I just love ya.

    ReplyDelete